Wednesday, January 26, 2005

my credit is no credit to my person

i just got off the phone with transunion. lame.
i recently applied to have my co-borrwer's name removed from my student loans, since she's not paying them (only her responsibility on paper) and she needs to free up her personal finances. i'm all for it, and i been paying it for 4 years, on time every time. but my request was denied on the basis of my credit report- specifically my credit score, which is somehow over 100 points lower than a year ago, even though i'm in better shape financially!
now when i called for my free copy of the report that i'm entitled to because it caused the denial of my request, there was no person to speak to, and the machine wouldn't let me get my credit score for free, along with my free report. so i was already pissed, because you supposed to be able to see (for free) why you were denied. so what the fuck, right?!
but i got the report anyway, then called with a multitude of questions about it. and the first dude i speak to tells me their system's down, and he can only answer general questions- nothing specific about my case. he says call back in an hour. an hour! and when i pointed out that they'd be closed in an hour, he says try in 45 and hope for the best. so i'm more pissed. but i try again, and their system's up and running, so i start asking questions. the second dude is in no way able to interpret the information he sees in my file in front of him. all he can do is read shit to me, that i've already read in my copy. i tell him it's ridiculous that i couldn't get the credit score free, since that's why i was denied, and all he can say is "that's how it is". i ask him how my credit score could drop over 100 points in a year, when i'm in better shape, and he doesn't know. i ask him about the fact that they list addresses for me that i never lived at, and he doesn't know how it happened. i tell him they their report tells me that my social security number has been useed 3 times in the past 30 days for different inquiries and i want to know what they are, and he doesn't know. he asks where i learned that, and i tell him it's on the report they sent me, which i'm reading as we speak- he still doesn't know who had my social security number to make inquiries, or what they inquired about. all in all, absolutely fucking useless. so all i can do is make larger-than-normal payments on my credit card, wait for the investigation (30 whole days!) and hope something improves. grrr!

now that i've vented, i have to run. i'm off to see the wizards...
walk good. screw death+taxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home