Tuesday, May 28, 2019

fff#74

my extremely late (but because of bbcdeadline-meeting, so i find you could 'llow me) flash fiction friday #74 trigger: write of [a] being stuck in space and/or time...[trigger wording does not indicate specific personal beliefs about spacetime continuum and/or possibilities available to non/sentient beings but simply provides, hopefully, the most storytelling options possible within given constraints.]

when sky blue so deep it almost black is time to go back. i obey the rule of lore. i do not test its fallibility. i do not risk daybreak.
straight to silkcotton tree, to my hole, to my self, to reluctantly relinquish this feared- my favoured- form, i fly, lighting up blueblack sky with the saddest moment of my every fullmoon feeding+freedom. there is never a time i do not wish with every flicker of my being to stay this way. but still i obey.
rule of lore.
go back. back to my skin, to the cage i keep me in, to contain myself as the lore demand, abandoning fire+flight before daylight, i slip into my self and…
“skin, skin, you nah know me?!”
words of lore come before i catch what going on
torn from throat unable to reclaim its form
fiery piercing pain like cellular injection
no thought pure sensation of skin insurrection
salt grains burning flesh dna rejection
human flame trapped soucouyant extinction
shrivelling dying in perpetual slowmotion
shrivelling dying in perpetual slowmotion
shrivelling
dying
perpetual
slowmotion


walk good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home