Friday, April 01, 2005

fictitious fiction

just a quickie to say that my yet-unposted-fiction does exist, contrary to how it may seem. this evening, between frantic phone calls to attempt a solution to my financial woes, i was ready to put the beginnings of it out there- until my slow-ass machine fucked me.
now i love my ancient laptop, but it's slower than molasses on a lunchbreak. its speed deficiency doesn't usually matter, since all i use it for is creating documents for my stories, and occasionally checking email. it's slow enough that any real internet surfing/searching sends me running to caress the keys of grims' 'real' computer. i don't know that i've ever even posted from my own machine.
but all my work is saved on my dinosaur, and this evening, it was apparently pissed off at my recent neglect. it is not interested in bringing its contents to the blog. we currently defragging, and hopefully will make up soon, so i can get on with this shit.
on another note, it gave me a great idea, and now i plan to network the 2 household laptops, so that i can access the net from his and simultaneously access the files on mine, which allows us to not dish out the big $ for a new laptop until we take care of more pressing costly things.
yay.
walk good. stories crawling your way soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Talk good...

4:30 am  
Blogger Jake said...

You should save all those files on backup disks or whatever, if you haven't already.

It was a pretty scary and tense couple of days when I crashed Jenn's computer a month or so ago--luckily the Geek On Call was able to salvage her files. Anyway, it was a life lesson. Backing shit up isn't just obsessive carefulness--especially when it's something as important as your stories.

1:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home