Tuesday, February 22, 2005

holy bootstraps, batman! foiled again!

and so the discontinuation of all i hold dear continues...
towards the end of last year, i realised that i needed knee-high black boots. desperately.
and so i searched. everywhere. repeatedly.
eventually, months after i began my search, i found the perfect pair- they were the only pair my size, but they were clearly made for me by elves with a superheroine fetish.
i have loved these boots deeply in the few short weeks we've been together, and they have loved me back- caressing my calves, cushioning my crawl, cradling my instep, supporting my every flirtatious half-pirouette and providing very attractive leverage for my prancing attempts at flight...
so of course, klutz that i am, when i went home for carnival i managed to rip open the back of one while doing the unthinkable- no, you dirty, dirty reader, not that (not right then, anyway)- i was trying to put them on in a moving vehicle, while taking a corner. perhaps not the wisest place+time, as i promptly learned through my tears.

so i just went back to the store where these sexy catwoman boots were acquired, and apparently the shoe store is under the false impression that it's already spring! there were exactly 4 pairs of black knee-high boots, none of which were my style or size. and without the shoebox info employees cannot check other stores' inventories for my particular boot, so i must carry my sad, torn boots to every one near me, in the hopes of finding them again...

when they were the only pair i liked in the store, and there was only one pair my size, and i never saw the boot in any other branches of this particular store (or any other stores, for that matter), i should've known.
i shoulda known something would go wrong, and then when i needed to replace them, my fucking shoes would be discontinued!
so let this be a lesson to you all: never- and i mean never- try to put on your sexy, black, knee-high catwoman boots in a moving vehicle.

on a catwoman-related note though, grims brought me home batman streamers today! yay!
walk good. once i replace my boots, i will too.
i will remember hunter s. thompson with every sideways snakecharming step...

1 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

I hate it when things are discontinued. Like when Cheesecake Factory stopped making the White Chocolate Cappucino cheesecake. I still hold a bitter, smoldering ember in my heart over that one.

HOWEVER--you're in slightly better shape than me--your lost object of affection is non-perishable, and therefore possibly obtainable on e-bay! Don't give up hope!

11:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home