Monday, December 25, 2006

happy fucking merry

so, as much as i hate christmas, i thought this post was still going be somewhat pleasant, due to grims' stellar christmas planning that resulted in the acquisition of dr.who- the 1st season of the new dr.who was my favourite dr.who ever! i love the season 1 doctor (also the 9th doctor, by happy coincidence, my favourite number since all its multiples add up to 9) so much that i'm almost scared to watch the new doctor on season 2- which i haven't seen yet, because of equus, but will soon since mr.man ordered it...plus, in spite of my being the worst wife ever and losing the earrings he'd bought me to match my engagement ring several christmases ago, he trusted me enough to get me a new pair, that actually match the ring even better than the previous ones. so as far as crappy holidays that i hate go, this shoulda been ok.
until the post office fucked me.
now, in spite of what people may say about postal workers, disgruntled or otherwise, i've maintained since buying this house 4years ago that the union station post office has never been anything but good to us. they're pleasant+helpful and open until midnight, and remember their regulars. but this time around, they fucked me. royally.
on friday december 15th i sent off 2 packages, one to oz and the other to arizona. the arizona package was the more important, because in it are my 2 leather belts and a beautiful belt buckle i recently acquired that i couldn't wait to have fixed up and sent back by january 9, so i sent it priority mail (2-3days) with delivery confirmation. the next day, just before i left home for work, my doorbell rang, and my postal delivery dude delivered my belts+buckle box to me, in spite of the fact that i had written "from" and "to" next to the appropriate addresses on the package. i explained to him that the dude @ the counter the night before had not been one of their regulars and i'd suspected that he was crazy all along. i pointed out the addressing, and dude said cool, he'd take it back to the post office and it'd go to arizona. i was already pissed because the next day was a sunday so it wasn't going anywhere before monday, and it was on deadline. but i figured it was just 2 days. however, on one of the obligatory christmas phone calls, i just found out that 10days later, it still has not arrived in arizona. the deadline was non-negotiable because i need the belt for a gig on january 10, and when i checked the delivery confirmation # just now it said the package was already delivered- to my address on saturday december 16...
i will not try to explain how furious i am @ usps right now, but even more than being furious, and even though i'm resourceful enough to come up with a contingency plan for my gig on january 10, if the belt buckle (presumably one-of-a-kind, from india) is lost, i will be inconsolable.
when i realised its loss was a possibility my eyes filled up with tears one time, and i can't even check in with the post office until tomorrow- those fuckers better be fucking open on boxing day because my black ass is ready to go on a rampage- nobody makes me cry on christmas, even if i hate it!
and one last thing before i go- i'd like to mention that the lesser package sent to australia on december 15 arrived last week. on the other side of the world. so they have bugles and reese's peanut-butter cups.
walk good.

2 Comments:

Blogger willl said...

i know how much those belts and the buckle meant to you. i can't express my sympathy and sorrow. i hope desparately that they find you, or you, them.

3:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh lordy- i think post offices around the world have a huge conspiracy going to fuck their cliens over on christmas holidays... i hope you get your buckle back.

9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home