Saturday, August 02, 2014

archive-heavy

this machine giving trouble since it reach. it was a welcome and much-needed stopgap when it happen but it was clearly never up to the task. so this post purely making up for time lost to the ghost in my machine, in no particular order but might as well start with words that made me remember how+why i loved someone, once...
Persephone Writes to Her Mother:
Mother, he is a gentleman.
He is a builder with bricks of moonlight.
He knows the secret places of the earth.
He washes the sleep from the eyes of the souls.
He lets them look on beauty.
He lets them tell him they hate him.
In the mornings, I gather berries and apples.
I scrub his back with rind.
I weave spider-spit, eyelash.
He talks in his sleep 'pudding', 'fire', 'discus',
the things he misses.
He breathes, 'Your body is my orchard.'
I am undulating grass.
I am a field of wheat he parts with his fingers.
Poppies bloom in my veins.
When he kisses me, he tastes pomegranate.
The night crawls nearer.
The moans of the dead roll and swell.

Mother, we are well.
Tara Mae Mulroy.
another something i love, baseball is most decidedly not, so i eh even know this dude existed before now, but i hadda love prince fielder (and what a name for a baseball player!) and his naked espn cover, sexy no matter how the haters doh/rate his body type.
of everyting i read about how modern technology has changed human behaviour/interactions, this restaurant surveillance investigation is one of the most clear+concrete illustrations of increasing obnoxiousness...
and speaking of eating, major excitement; linkage for future reference: the rotimatic!
and even more food-wonder, gorgeous gothic cakes, and because, things of beauty, right; doors to corners of my soul needs must open into rooms made of art, no?
and in another special corner of my soul, the alot. and this next i was debating, but as we talking language, a buncha knowledge about english could pass in the rush...
a few loosely related pieces, each of the 1st 2 written by the kind of sex-positive parent that gives me hope, then a grim reminder of the rape[culture] victims we doh hear about, plus hate-that-it-necessary-but-guess-i-glad-it-exists, both anti-rape jeans and a gentleman's guide to rape culture now on offer...
and in other scary news, this abu bakr interview:

but because i cyah go out on a negative, this tree bears 40types of fruit and the 1st man-made leaf turns light+water into oxygen and ugly fruits+vegetables win! plus, m.anifest:

walk good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home