Monday, April 19, 2010

morning after

procrastinating on collecting detritus from isoke's laura weave off my floor, alongside the usual post-lime assortment of wine cork, mariganja stems+seeds, wine-stained blankets(+floor), variety of glasses+cups containing a variety of dregs, napkins, faintly gyro-scented bags, and this time, randomly, a woogie (never worn one in my life so it strange to see it among the glasses every time i look up @ my rca cabinet).
most of jestina cast+crew+family limed here last night, plus some musician friends and my darling zaaki (cyah wait, beach tomorrow babes). had a time; sal played his jestina tune he been wukkin in rehearsals+onstage and it sweeet...when i heard it in rehearsal i knew i liked it one time, which is why i had him keep it in the show, but then only ever got to hear it under the bedroom scene, too soft+distant for me to catch properly. last night in my livingroom we got to hear it full, especially with jestina cast, gyazette backups and my bassman/dj peter (permanent on sidebar) in the house for musical support...hadda love my peoples...
so griot productions' inaugural performance accomplished.
jestina's calypso was well-received in spite of technical issues on our gala opening night and i so glad people came out and supported us and our desire to make we theatre in we image...
i'ma blog a proper postmortem after my (desperately needed) day off tomorrow 'cause it have real ting to say about the run, ranging from moments of exhilaration to moments when i wanted to sink into the floor and die and wished the whole show could just be over and me in my house alone in my panty smokin' something. plus, hadda talk our myriad issues with the venue, and that need space...if yuh think napa get pong...
meanwhile, check out the griot blog linked above+below, 'cause i posted about the jestina process over there primarily, and not all posts copied here, although this particular one over @ http://griotproductions.blogspot.com/ too...
walk good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home