Wednesday, January 12, 2005

all his fault

3rd post and i'm already delinquent- shoulda done this yesterday. but in my defence, the last 5 hours of delay were not my fault. at least not directly.
i convinced my husband to start
his own blog earlier this evening (like i know so much) and he's apparently a journaling maniac, and decided to make his first 2 posts as well as figure out how to do some of the shit i shoulda been learning (but of course wasn't, and now must ask him, the new expert on all things blog-related) like setting up links and whatnot. and now, after waiting an unbelievably long time for my turn at the internet, i've completely forgotten everything i wanted to say. typical man...i hold him responsible for my current bout of writer's lapse.
and i'd like to point out that this man (sexy though he may be) not only completely usurped my online writing time, he kept me up until ridiculous hours to do so- it's almost sunrise- though i admit that while i may be writing this from our house in dc, the timestamp on my stuff corresponds with home (trinidad+tobago) so i'm technically an hour off- the sun has already risen for this blog even though it hasn't at my house.
i decided to always keep my computer on trini time for its laissez-faire convenience (trini-time is anytime) but i also don't believe in this daylight-savings-time shit that temperate-clime-dwellers do. i bitch at my poor husband every year when 'his people' fuck with the clocks.
but now i'm here trying to write with all my extra-witty, very pithy thoughts and observations flown irretrievably far from my mind, while said husband, html-guru and blogger-extraordinaire, plays fifa 2005 on his playstation2 (his lame excuse being that the x-files rerun that just started is too scary) while i hope it'll keep him awake long enough for him to be of some use to me when i get off the net. needless to say, i still can't recall anything to say.
just for the record though, since we talking football- yes, playstation counts- and for the americans, we in the rest of the world don't feel a need to refer to it as 'soccer' because we know american football is clearly not football, so there's no need to distinguish between the 2- the tottenham hotspurs should get the points toward their position in the standings for the goal scored and ignored in their game against man.u. the other day- in case anybody who has a say in that happens to read this. just because i know relatively little about sports doesn't mean i know little about fairness and sportsmanship- pedro and jol are playing nice, but the end result isn't fair- especially since the f.a. uses footage to dish out post-game penalties for fouls not called during the game; then they should also be able to use footage to award post-game goals that were missed during play. and yes, the sexy husband explained those details to me, so i know some shit!
ok. when i start talking sports, that's a sign that it's time to go. if i do this right, when this is actually posted, i'll have figured out how to insert the link to my favourite husband's blog and he can discuss the value of the spurs' goal...
but don't hold me to that promise.
walk good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home