Wednesday, January 31, 2007

blogger- you get what you pay for.

i didn't want the new blogger. i wanted to stick with the old stylee until the last possible second, but yesterday, when i logged in to quickly link that excellent news, blogger refused to let me log in and get to my dashboard without making the switch- i entered my original log-in info, and it took me to a page that asked me to confirm my password so it could switch me. i hit the back button to make sure i'd clicked the "log-in to old blogger without a google account" (they don't need another link so i'm not wasting the time) button, and i tried again and it took me to the forced switch again. i tried opening a whole new window and it still forced me to the confirm-password-so-we-can-switch-you page. there was no way to log in and post without switching.
since i had a gmail account already and it'd only take 2 seconds, i let them force me to switch, instead of spending hours searching for the way to work around it, thinking they were prob'ly forcing us all to switch @ this point. which is fine, if they worked out all the bugs- but of course, i switched, posted, and equally quickly discovered that all of grims' and angel's comments have suddenly gone anonymous. lame. and there may be others, but in recent comments it seems to be just those 2 (and, of course, anybody who was always anon).
so, who knows how to solve this travesty so my people can be un-anon again? and did anybody else manage to post yesterday (tuesday, before 2pm d.c. time) without being forced to switch?
if all else fails i'll ask blogger, but that's really a last resort. and no, that's not so much a complaint- i get what i pay for, right?
walk good.

3 Comments:

Blogger willl said...

blogger has yet to force me into a must switch situation. i haven't a clue how to fix the names back from anonymous, but if something comes up i'll let you know.

4:45 pm  
Blogger AngelConradie said...

i think blooger did that to everyone when they switched- the anonymous comments thing i mean- but after that its fine again...

2:17 pm  
Blogger Baby G & Dizzle said...

right? the new blog sucks. plus, you can't space anything correctly, if you want a picture included in your post. it's crap.
we miss you though, and it's good to know we're both getting pissed about the same thing!

10:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home