Sunday, March 12, 2006

flash fiction!

as always, big up jj, the purgatorian for the setup of this piece of weekend fun...not sure how i got this from his starter, but hope you enjoy, nonetheless:

The realization slowly dawned on me…
it hung in the air, very still, for a moment after she said the words, and it took me a little longer to really digest what it meant. the ramifications, if you will, of her announcement.
but once i realised what was up, i was on it.
i snapped into action. it could not be allowed to be.
i stepped out of line, turned to her, brought up my knee, and slammed the heel of my stiletto into the toe of hers. i snatched the bouquet and little notecard from her flapping hands, tore them into a hundred tiny pieces of swirling petals and paper, then turned my wrath on the others, still standing in line, shocked and awed.
i grabbed the closest two by their french-rolled-hair and smashed their heads together. then i grabbed the third one’s sash and dragged her toward me. i quickly slid it up to her neck, and cinched it tight with one hand. i wasn’t sure how long she’d take to pass out, so i also punched her in the gut with my free hand for good measure. but as she doubled over it got too difficult to keep the sash pulled tight, so i let that go, held the back of her chignon, and brought my knee up into her face instead.
with their “number one” dealt with, i turned back to the other 2, who were still trying to get a grip on themselves and stand up straight like they’d been trained – i guess their heads were harder than i’d thought – but i realised i didn’t really have any fight with them. they hadn’t usurped my rightful title. and i’d dealt with the one who had.
who i needed to take issue with now was those damned judges…
i ran down and jumped off the edge of the stage, twisting my ankle something awful on my landing in those heels, and tearing the slit in the front of that gorgeous sequined dress the rest of the way open, and as i dove across the table, aimed for the throat of the first judge, i heard somebody scream,
“run! her talent was kung-fu!”


walk good.

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess LadyBug said...

w00t! Hit 'em with your tiara, girlfriend!

10:28 pm  
Blogger chelene said...

Oh, that last line cracked me up! You're awesome, trini. really.

11:45 pm  
Blogger Terri said...

great story! lol!

2:11 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent story, Trini. Great punch line - nudge nudge. Sorry I haven't been around much lately, drowning in story problems.

4:52 pm  
Blogger adspain said...

Oh I love it!!!

1:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home